Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Maxi Dress: A Trend Again


The Maxi Dress made its mark on both Summer 2009 and Summer 2010 and now it's back again to take on Summer 2011. If you have not gotten one (or five) of these fabulous, comfortable dresses yet, I suggest you run out and get a few right now. Seriously, drop everything and go buy one now. Most maxi dresses come extremely long because most models are of course 5'9 and above. However, there are plenty made for us short women as well. Yes, we have not been left out girls!

These dresses come in both solid colors and prints. However, I have been seeing more solid color maxi dresses this year, contrary to last year's trend. Personally, I like both and would wear both throughout the season. After all, who's to say the same prints from last year aren't in this year.

Currently, I am a bit obsessed with these dresses. However, I am waiting until it gets a bit warmer here before I break mine out. Even my mother loves these dresses (first clothing item we've ever agreed on at the same time!) I'll be buying a few on payday, I want one with brown and orange mixed in.

These dresses are also very versatile. You can dress it up with your favorite heels and fancy clutch bag or dress it down with flip flops and a beach bag. Either way, the maxi dress has proven that it is here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment