Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Are You Simply Living the Trend?



So, if you're anything like me Starbucks can make your horrible, crappy day into the greatest day ever. However, if you're like me you also started drinking Starbucks after you saw a few celebrities and successful individuals basically living for Starbucks. Yes, I admit it, I fell for the hype and became an addict. I drink Starbucks everytime I feel even a tiny bit drained at work. I absolutely live for a Starbucks Double Shot or a Frappuccino. The question is have you fallen for the hype?

The paparazzi snaps pictures of these A list celebrities carrying things normal people can obtain (i.e. Starbucks) are simply marketing strategies to make people like you and I buy more of the product. It's modern day scamming, but it's been a strategy used for centuries. The plain folk persuasive strategy has been modified to make it seem as though the paparazzi randomly spotted and shot action photos of celebs in their everyday lives. However, it is all set up. Brands like Starbucks pay celebrities to secretly endorse their products. And although there are definitely celebs as well as real people who live for Starbucks, reality is it is simply a business. So do you sincerely love the product or are you simply falling for the trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment