Monday, July 25, 2011

The Woman with the Unforgivable Dress



J Lo met the royal family in style on their visit to California this month. She decided on a forest green gown by Emilio Pucci to wear to the event. This dress caused plenty of debate by fashion magazines, tabloids, blogs, etc. Most believed it was inappropriate to wear when meeting royalty. My opinion? I think J Lo looked amazing in this dress, because the material is unforgiving, meaning it will show every roll, pudge, and anything else unflattering on your body. For a woman in her mid-forties, Jennifer Lopez has a body that someone my age would even die for! Yes, maybe for the event she could have worn something a bit more classy. However, she's giving the royal couple a dose of reality, they are in America now, Hollywood at that. Therefore, they were able to see the raunchy reality of our fashion.

Also, I guess no one has noticed that J Lo has been trying to go back to her more "youthful" days a lot recently. Let's not forget the little silver dress she decided to wear to the Grammy's this year...


 

....yeah. So I don't understand why everyone is so surprised. I'm not sure what trend J Lo is trying to pull off, but my opinion is this: as long as her body looks the way it does, she can work almost any look. 


No comments:

Post a Comment