Monday, July 25, 2011

Amy Winehouse: A Legend without Credentials



After watching her True Hollywood story and going back over her pictures and songs, I realized that  Amy Winehouse was truly great. She had a voice that could be identified by most and an attitude to match. It is almost hard to believe that she's gone because she was always kind of...gone. Amy Winehouse was always in her own world, so she was always here but not here. However, she was one of those people you either loved or hated, there was nothing in between because she was such a bold person.

Now, I believe she was great because she never did anything outside of who she was. If she was mad, she never pretended she was not. Whatever she felt was shown to everyone. She never let the media or other people's opinions change who she was, and that is something that everyone wishes they could do. Not necessarily to the extent that she did, but most of us (especially college students) wish we could be ourselves completely and express ourselves the way we want without the worries of judgement, insecurities, or the worse thing in the world...not getting hired! So, although I do not agree with a lot of her choices, I love that she never cared who may judge her. She always set her own rules! So what I took from Amy Winehouse's time here was to always stay true to myself and never allow outside judgements to deter me from my goals. What influence did she have on your lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment